It was recently announced that Toronto will be entering Stage 3 of recovery on Friday July 31st,
thus allowing gatherings of up to 100 people outdoors and up to 50 people indoors while observing
social distancing and hygiene rules to prevent the spread of the virus.
In view of this, the next Outdoors Weapons class will take place in High Park this Saturday
August 1st at 10:00 am. Registration is required to participate in the class, even though the
maximum number of participants has now been raised from 10 to 100.
Here are the instructions for participating.
|TIMES AND LOCATION |
|Meeting Time: || We will meet on Saturday August 1st 2020 between 9:00 and at 9:30 am.
|Meeting Location: || High Park Nature Centre, 375 Colborne Lodge Dr, Toronto, ON, M6R 2Z3,
a 6 minute walk from the High Park subway station.
|Map: || https://goo.gl/maps/RVbgwNYPnXvPZUSS9
|Practice Locations: || There are 3 practice locations, all of them close to the Nature Centre and
to a public washroom.|
If the preferred practice location is unavailable, Martin will wait
at the Nature Centre until 9:45-9:50 to escort the group to an alternate one.
Should you get lost, you can call Yelitza for directions at (416) 629-0348.
|Map: || http://www.torontoaikikai.com/events/20200726/maphighpark.jpg
|Class Time: || Class will start promptly at 10:00 am and will last one hour.
|Waiver: || A waiver is required to participate in the outdoor classes.
This waiver is filled out only once and is valid for all outdoor classes.
If you participated last week you do not need to fill it out again.
The waiver is at http://www.torontoaikikai.com/events/20200726/outdoor_classes_waiver.pdf
When filling it out make sure to check all the approval boxes.
Once filled, save it and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish, you can sign the waiver at the park, but we'd REALLY prefer you send it by email.
|Book your spot: || You must book your spot in advance for the class at https://doodle.com/poll/gzzwr5ndbp2ryem3
If the class fills up and there is no space left, you can add your name to the
waiting list at https://doodle.com/poll/zve9bvmcf6a3iqup
|RULES AND NOTES |
- Wearing a mask or face shield before, during and after practice is mandatory.
- Please wear running shoes or any other kind of closed shoes. Sandals are not allowed.
- Please wear comfortable clothing (a shirt, sweatpants). Do not wear a uniform.
- Bring something to protect you from the sun, e.g. a hat and sunscreen.
- A host will meet you upon arrival and will take your temperature. If it is above 37.8 °C you will be turned away.
- The host will also hand you a health questionnaire for you to fill and sign.
- If you have not emailed the waiver, you will be asked to fill and sign a paper copy before the class. However, we REALLY prefer you email the waiver.
- If you don't have a practice weapon let Martin know at email@example.com and he will bring a spare for you.
- Please bring your own water bottle.
- We will have hand sanitizer and disinfectant onsite - feel free to use those as needed.
- We have made arrangements to ensure social distancing during the class.
- IMPORTANT: To protect others, please do not show up if you feel sick.
|PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION |
|Usually cars are not allowed in High Park on weekends, although this is not indicated on their website.
Just in case, allow yourself enough time should you have to look for parking outside the park.
We recommend you use public transportation or bike as an alternative.|
|I look forward to seeing you and having a great practice and fun time on the weekend!|
Robert Zimmermann Shihan
Chief Instructor - Toronto Aikikai